Golf Car Sales, Golf Cart Sales, Used Golf Cars, Used Golf Carts,
Working Golf Trucks, Golf Car / Cart / Truck Service,
and Golf Car Batteries.
A Division of Coastal Battery
When Buying Used Golf CartsLooking to upgrade your Golf Cart, Golf Car, or Work Cart? Look for an electric without batteries, or with old ones. Make sure the thing runs, get it home and then upgrade the batteries.
- Next measure the battery compartment, existing batteries (if they exist)and write it all down.
- Remove the old batteries and prepare them for a return to your local recycling facility. For Denver Locals, please return your batteries to BD Batteries for environmentally sound battery recycling. Be careful not to get battery acid on your car's carpet, it will eat holes in it.
- Clean the wires thoroughly. To neutralize acid, use water and baking soda mixed together. Soak until the sizzling stops. If you need to order replacement lugs for the ends of the wires go here, and to source replacement wires that are damaged go here.
- Finally decide on the largest set of batteries that will fit in the enclosure. Remember to keep the voltage the same
- Order fresh batteries from BD Batteries
- Receive the factory fresh batteries next week, install, and voilla!
Voltage and amperage
A 36 volt system cares not the arrangement of batteries that power it. Both a setup of 6 x 6 volt batteries and or 3 x 12 volt batteries will achieve car operation. As long as the voltage is appropriate, the thing get's proper power.
After the voltage, we look at the amp hours of the system. The batteries are the power tanks, and the rating is in AH. The math works out so you can add either voltage or amp hours, not both. So 6 batteries that are 220 ah at 6 volt would yield a 36 volt battery bank at 220 amp hours capacity. Three 255 amp hour 12 volt batteries would have a 36 volt output at 255 amp hours. In this scenario, 3 batteries would run longer than the 6 volts. Remember, not always does more batteries means longer run time.
Site dedicated to Golf Car Sales,
Golf Cart Sales,
Used Golf Cars, Used Golf Carts,
Golf Work Trucks, Golf Car / Cart / Truck Service,
Golf Car Battery Parts,
and Golf Car Batteries.
Please contact Coastal Battery for sponsorship, advertising, and cart promotions.
New Golf Cars, Used Golf Cars, and Work Carts
© 2008 - 2015